Bread & Jam will be hosting its first plant-based summit for vegan challenger brands, industry experts, retailers and investors on March 31st. Froghop are proud sponsors of this virtual event and will be on hand to answer questions in our virtual booth on the day.
Over the last two years, the number of vegans in the UK has grown by a staggering 700% to 3.5 million people. Environmental concerns, the worldwide pandemic and a renewed focus on health have ensured that veganism, once regarded as a fringe interest, has fully entered the mainstream. The food industry is undergoing huge changes as a result and savvy food producers and product developers are seizing opportunities.
Bread & Jam’s Plant Based Summit
Bread & Jam run some excellent events and have are leading a one-day plant-based summit aimed at:
- food producers looking to launch a plant based brand,
- product developers keen to understand plant based trends,
- industry experts looking to support progressive plant based brands, and
- brands interested in getting in front of plant focused retailers, investors and press.
What to expect
The event offers the opportunity to hear from over thirty thoughtleaders on the big issues around plant-based food and drink products. Speakers include: Claire Hughes, Director of Product & Innovation at Sainsbury’s; Adam Randles, Senior Buying Manager for Asda; Sophie Davies, Senior Buyer at Planet Organic; Ria Rehberg, Chief Executive of Veganuary; Tesni Steele Jones, Consumer Insight Director with Kantar, and many more.
The agenda includes the following topics:
- The Supermarkets’ Perspective: Three national supermarket retailers will discuss the opportunity in plant based products
- The trends driving the plant based movement and what they could mean for your brand
- How Speciality Retailers Are Driving Plant-Based Innovation
- Launching A Plant Based Challenger Brand
- Funding Focus: hear from four plant focused angel investors and VC funds about the opportunities they’re looking to back this year
- Plant Powered Diversification: Adding A Plant-Based Option To Your Range
In addition, the event will feature virtual booths hosted by packaging, ecommerce and online distribution companies and experts. The Froghop team will be available to answer your questions about making plant-based and vegan claims central to your new product development. Please feel free to drop by our booth with your questions, we’d love to ‘meet’ you.